Thursday, January 7, 2010

Movie Review

After a long time, I got a chance to watch a movie... and this was one that I had been eagerly waiting for... 3 idiots. With its release, the movie went house-full across all shows in every single theater of the city. Obviously that gave me all the more reasons to let loose the reins on my patience. I had to watch it and watch it soon enough before I get to know any bit of the story from some loud-mouth who, having already watched it, would blurt out the most interesting parts during a casual conversation over a cup of coffee or a meal table.

Finally, I had the opportunity to go for it on the Saturday night in a local theater close to my residence. Caring little for the kind of crowd that would be present there, I was elated to be able to watch it the very first weekend of its release. Although being conscious about not getting late for the movie, I reached only after the show had begun :(

Some initial confusion was faced in finding the allotted seats but once seated, there was no hiatus in the entertainment for next three hours. From the humour to emotions to drama to the inherent message and the stupidity of the college students... it proved out to be pure pack of entertainment which kept me engrossed till the very end. The common college jargon that we all have been used to in student life, the pranks that we have either master-minded or have been a victims to, the weirdest of nick-names that we have called our best friends with... all these and more put together formed this laughter riot that left me with an aching stomach and teary eyes by the end of the fantastic three hours.

The 'Aal izz Well' mantra, the unconventional names of characters, the speech scene, the discussion on the staircase between the three friends, the examination paper-submission incident and scene where Rancho gives a task to the class are some of the best ever parts that tickled every single nerve in my body. I don't even remember when was it after Dil Chahta Hai, that i enjoyed a movie to this extent. The film-makers have ensured we return to our college days and jump with ecstasy upon identifying with characters or scenes atleast a couple of time during the show.

Despite having some unrealistic parts which tried hard to break the momentum, the movie remained a definite treat of 3 hours. Its an experience to live and relive. I would be willing to watch it all over again to have entertainment devoid of any filth and vulgarity, to enjoy the brilliance of cinema that is a rarity in India and most importantly to learn the mantra of "Aal izz Well" which has become an absolute necessity these days. They are right when they say that the movie has a repeat value... it would most certainly find its place in my archives atleast!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent review! Please write more reviews since u watch most of the movies that are released.. lol

    ReplyDelete